I am a certified Food for Life instructor for the Physicians’ Committee for Responsible Medicine. The 7 different Food for Life class series focus on the powerful connection between food and health. The classes are evidence-based, interactive, and include both an educational component and a cooking demonstration. Class participants also have the opportunity to sample healthy foods and take home recipes.
The community-based class series include:
- Diabetes Initiative: The Power of Food for Diabetes Prevention and Treatment
- Kickstart Your Health: The Power of Food for Healthy Weight Management
- Cancer Project: The Power of Food for Cancer Prevention and Survival
- Kids Health: The Power of Food for a Healthy Start
- Food for Life: Healthy Basics (New!)
- Food for Life: Nutrition Essentials (New!)
The workplace-based class series include:
- Employee Wellness Program (this series includes components of the Diabetes Initiative, Kickstart Your Health, and Cancer project classes)
For more information about the Food for Life program, click here.
If you are interested in attending a class or would like to offer a class at your workplace or community-based venue, contact me.